CASEY-WESTFIELD CUSD #C-4
NOTICE OF SALE
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Education of Casey-Westfield CUSD #C-4, Casey, Illinois, shall sell at public sale at 2:00 o’clock P.M. on the 23rd day of February, 2023, at the School District office, 401 E. Main St., Casey, Illinois, the following described property, towit: Casey-Westfield CUSD #C-4 “Old Unit Office” commonly known as 502 E. Delaware, Casey, Illinois (hereinafter said real estate); which sale shall be on the following terms, to-wit:
1. Sale shall be by bids in writing to be submitted to the Superintendent, Casey-Westfield CUSD #C-4, 401 E. Main Street, Casey, Illinois 62420, no later than 2:00 o’clock P.M. on February 23rd, 2023;
2. The minimum bid shall be $60,000;
3. Those persons submitting the three (3) highest bids shall have the privilege of competitively raising their bids at the time of the opening of the bids;
4. Terms of payment by the successful bidder for said real estate shall be ten percent (10%) earnest money deposit, payable upon the execution of a Contract for Sale of Real Estate, and the balance in cash at the time of closing. A copy of the Contract For Sale that the Buyer shall be required to sign on the date of the public sale shall be available for inspection at the Superintendent’s Office during normal business hours.
5. Possession will be delivered at closing, upon payment of the balance of the purchase price;
6. Conveyance will be made by Warranty Deed, subject to the lien of current taxes, if any, easements apparent or of record and building and zoning ordinances;
7. Evidence of title shall be by title insurance commitment and policy, subject to the permissible exceptions to title described in the Contract for Sale;
8. Said real estate and structures located thereon are being sold in “AS IS CONDITION”. Said real estate may contain asbestos or asbestos containing materials.
9. The Board of Education of Casey-Westfield CUSD #C-4, reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any irregularities which do not taint the legality of the sale; and
10. Announcements at time of sale supersede all prior or conflicting announcements.